Frequently Asked Questions


How do I become a Personal Support Worker (PSW)?

Full Access has a database of potential Personal Support Workers. PSWs work with our clients to assist them in achieving the goals they set for themselves. PSWs work in diverse areas such as aiding clients to access the community, training clients in independent living skills, providing ongoing job support, providing respite to a client's regular caregiver, and many other areas.

To become a PSW:

  1. Visit our PSW Forms page
  2. Print out the Personal Support Worker Packet
  3. Return the completed packet along with the required documentation to the Full Access office
  4. Check your email and follow the instructions to complete your Criminal History Check (CHC)
  5. Check your email regularly after completion of your CHC to look for updates on your status


When is my payday?

For pay dates, check out the 2018 PSW payroll calendar


When is my time sheet due?

You must turn in a completed and signed timesheet to the Full Access office by the deadline listed on the Oregon State Contract Payroll Calendar for PSWs.  If you do not, you can't be paid on time!


Return to top 


I'm locked out of eXPRS. How do I enter my hours?

You need to email eXPRS at They are the only ones that can unlock your account.  Once they have unlocked your account they will send you an email with a new temporary password to get back into eXPRS.  Follow the directions on the email to unlock your account.  After your account has been unlocked you may go back into eXPRS to enter the hours you worked.


Who is my employer?

Your employer is the client. Full Access is NOT your employer. The personal agent at Full Access assists the client in hiring you, but the choice to hire you and maintain you as an employee, is the client's. You are NOT an employee of PPL. PPL is the fiscal intermediary for the support service funds of the client's ISP.


What is a developmental disability?

An estimated 1.8 % of the population, or more than 59,400 Oregonians, have a developmental disability. A developmental disability is a chronic physical and/or mental impairment that occurs before a person is 22 years old, and that affects the person's abilities in at least three of the following areas: communication, capacity for independent living, economic self-sufficiency, learning, mobility, self-care and/or self-direction. Examples of developmental disabilities include cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, and qualifying IQ levels identifying disability. As a result of a developmental disability the person may require lifelong supports and services. (Information provided by the Developmental Disabilities Coalition.)

The definition of a developmental disability for adults used by Oregon county developmental disability services is a disability attributable to qualifying IQ level, autism, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, or other neurological conditions which requires training or supports similar to that required by individuals with qualifying IQ level, and the disability: 

  1. Originates before the individual attains the age of 22 years, except that in the case of qualifying IQ level the condition must be manifested before the age of 18; and
  2. Has continued, or can be expected to continue, indefinitely; and
  3. Constitutes a substantial disabling impact to the ability of the individual to function in society; or
  4. Results in significant sub-average general intellectual functioning with concurrent deficits in adaptive behavior which are manifested during the developmental period. Individuals of borderline intelligence may be considered to have qualifying IQ level if there is also serious impairment of adaptive behavior. Definitions and classifications shall be consistent with the Case Management Rule Definitions 309-041-0404 (15).

What counties does Full Access serve?

Full Access serves Lane county. There are multiple brokerages across the state of Oregon. Each county is served in some way by an area brokerage.


Return to top 


Where is Full Access located?  

Full Access has  locations in Eugene and Cottage Grove.  Further contact information and maps to the offices are at our Contact Us page.


What are the services that Full Access provides?

Full Access provides the following services and supports:

  1. Assisting individuals with developmental disabilities to determine their needs, plan support services in response to those needs, and develop individualized budgets based on available resources
  2. Assisting individuals with developmental disabilities to find and arrange the resources necessary to implement support services
  3. Assisting individuals with developmental disabilities in assuring the effective implementation of their plans over time, and help make adjustments to the plan or plan goals as necessary
  4. Providing information, education, and technical assistance for individuals with developmental disabilities in order to help facilitate effective plan implementation
  5. Acting as a general fiscal intermediary in the receipt and accounting of certain funds on behalf of an individual in addition to making payment with the authorization of the individual, and accounting for certain plan costs
  6. Acting as a specialized fiscal intermediary in assisting individuals with developmental disabilities in fulfilling their roles and obligations as employers of support staff when plans call for such arrangements. Being a fiscal intermediary basically means FAB helps clients do the paper work involved in paying for their services
  7. Facilitating development and expansion of community resources
  8. Assuring and assisting individuals with developmental disabilities in monitoring the quality of their supports


What volunteer opportunities are available for me through Full Access?

Volunteers can become involved at Full Access through our advisory council.  The advisory council is made up of community members who help create more opportunities for Full Access clients. They also advise staff how to improve services. New members are always considered! Please go to our Getting Involved page to fill out an application (link). Our Board of Directors generally draws its members from the advisory councils.


Return to top 


What is a personal agent or PA?

A personal agent (PA) works for their client to assist them in planning and developing disability-related supports so that they truly meet the client's needs. The PA assists the client in identifying dreams and goals, determining the support needs necessary to pursue and achieve those dreams and goals, and finding the resources needed to provide those supports. The PA identifies resources available and then the client prioritizes and makes the choices.


What is a fiscal intermediary? What is PPL?

The State of Oregon has retained the services of a fiscal intermediary to handle the payment of support services to Personal Support Workers (PSWs). This company is called PPL and they are a payroll company. They will write the paychecks to the PSWs that the client employs as well as process all of the tax related documents that the employer is responsible for.


What other resources may I want to contact?

Please see our PSW Resources page.


 Return to top